Strawberry ~ Starfruit Infusion

Carambola, aka Starfruit is such a fun and easy fruit to work with. I decided to mix it with fresh strawberries for my infused water today. Don't they look fun? Have to admit they remind me a bit of the Mario Kart stars ;)

 Some say you only need to wash and slice the starfruit, personally I like to remove the little edge at the points. I just take a potato peeler and I quickly remove the five edges, followed by slicing the starfruit, super quick and easy. I cut up the strawberries in quarters, added water and ice and let it sit for the flavors to infuse.

Starfruit is low in calories, high in fiber and a good source of vitamin B & C.
However please note that people with known kidney disease should not eat starfruit.


No comments

Post a Comment

© Life, Bites & Photographs

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig